At Farley Junior Academy we have an experienced and committed team of Family Workers.
Monika Keca - Family Worker
If you need to speak to us about anything please call 01582 725 069 and select option 3 for the family workers and we can discuss how best we can support you and your family.
Some areas that we can offer support are:
- Financial Support - We can support with claiming universal credit, local grants, DLA, PIP, housing benefits, foodbanks, school uniforms and help with budgeting skills etc
- 'The Family Partnership' - If you need support in various areas we can support you through Early Help which makes the whole process more efficient and we aim to have all referrals and support in place within 12 weeks.
- Safeguarding - “Working Together to Safeguard Children”. We know that, before children can learn effectively, children must feel safe and happy. We recognise that children come to school with varied experiences, both at home and in the wider community and we will support all statutory assessment and follow all polices to ensure that, they feel safe, cared for and listened to.
- Attendance - We will provide support to families to ensure that their children access the education that they are entitled to. Home visits and appropriate referral will take place to ensure that good attendance is maintained.
- Multi Agency Referrals - Each families situation is unique- we can refer families and children to different agencies if there is a need, this is done in consultation with parents and we work together for the best outcome, ie: CHUMS, CAMH, Edwin Lobo, school nurse, immigration status, housing etc.
If an adult is concerned that a child may be or at risk of significant harm, they must make a referral directly to Luton Safeguarding Childrens Board: - Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
Telephone: 01582 547653
Out of hours: 0300 3008123